Anime Benders Studio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why did you join ABS?

+2
JigSaw Amv
xblackfirefreak
6 posters

Go down

Why did you join ABS? Empty Why did you join ABS?

Post by xblackfirefreak Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:34 pm

Why did you join ABS? Tell us your editor story Smile

I joined because I've always wanted to be part of a MEP group and they've always failed.

I  have edited since I was 14yrs old, I am now 25. I have been on hiatus for almost 4yrs, producing almost no material. I used to be a well known editor with over a +2000 subscriber fan base, I was even one of the main people on the project Sailor Moon Sacrifice, but then youtube deleted my first account. I lost the internet and have been without it in my home on and off for 6yrs. I, soon, lost my passion in editing and began focusing on my abridged series Sailor Stars Abridged.

After dealing with computer crashing, quiting Sacrifice, dicontinuing SSA, I fell into motherhood and rarely had any time on my hands. Before I knew it, a year passed by... then another. So, you can say my editing skills are a bit rusty. My editing was never perfect, I was never a flashy editor... I'm more of an elegant, simple type but I do desire to expand my skills.

Which is another huge reason why I joined, to get my muse back and challenge myself with ideas from other people. The skills in this group is breath-taking.

So far, I love this group. I can't wait to get to know more people. If you ever wanna skype me, just let me know Smile
xblackfirefreak
xblackfirefreak

Virgo
Snake
Participation! : 163
Birthday : 1989-09-09

https://www.youtube.com/user/xblackfirefreak

Back to top Go down

Why did you join ABS? Empty Re: Why did you join ABS?

Post by JigSaw Amv Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:24 pm

I joined because i simply love editing with others and i can also sometimes be lazy and just edit mep parts xD, as for my story i really didn't get into editing till i started watching amv's which was around 2 years ago and started 1 year ago but it was on and off due to life being in my way anyway i'm here to improve and learn and just have fun that's what being in a group is all about having a good time

My Skype is JigSaw if you want it or just stalk my youtube i'm on there alot aswell o:.
JigSaw Amv
JigSaw Amv

Cancer
Dog
Participation! : 49
Birthday : 1994-07-15

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9GJCXuD7g3rdTELXbMa_QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by xblackfirefreak Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:31 pm

There is actually around a dozen or so people with that name lol. blackfirefreak is my skype if you'd like to add me Smile
xblackfirefreak
xblackfirefreak

Virgo
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by xEmmaTheKid Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:37 pm

Hmm, where to start.

I started editing when I was 11, and I'm 18 now in my first year of art school, majoring in illustration and minoring in video editing. I actually started editing with Code Lyoko, of all things, if any of you know what that is. I had a lot of computer problems though back then and ended up having to wipe my pc, and i wasn't motivated to redownload all of the episodes, so I never did, and stopped editing with it.

I used to be what I like to think of fairly well known on YT, I had 900+ subscribers, and how I did with such awful WMM videos is still a mystery. I lost my original channel around the beginning of 2011, and had to start over. I now have somewhat close to 400 subscribers, but its no where near what I had before. I took a hiatus around the end of 2011 also, due to personal life and didn't fully return until the midst of 2013, where I feel my editing really took off. I concentrated on it more and I'm really proud of where I am. Smile

I joined this group because I had been a part of one of Mia's MEPs, and saw that she was opening a studio. I'd been looking for a new one to join to motivate me since my hiatus, and here I am, and admin now. Kind of weird tbh. xD

So yea, my skype is xLadyEmma if anyone wants to add me and talk to me for any reason whatsoever, I'm always here. Smile ♥️
xEmmaTheKid
xEmmaTheKid
Admin

Scorpio
Pig
Participation! : 2147483647
Birthday : 1995-11-08

http://pandastockings.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JigSaw Amv Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:43 pm

Sent both friend request.
JigSaw Amv
JigSaw Amv

Cancer
Dog
Participation! : 49
Birthday : 1994-07-15

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9GJCXuD7g3rdTELXbMa_QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by xblackfirefreak Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:56 pm

Oh! I remember Code Lyoko! Sounds like we went through a lot of the same things.
xblackfirefreak
xblackfirefreak

Virgo
Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by endorsii Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:57 pm

I started editing back in 2011 with WMV and then I finally got Vegas Platinum for Christmas that year. And that's when I got serious about editing and got involved more of the community that I was in at the time.

I eventually quit using my first channel and moved to a new one, but that one didn't last long before youtube took it down. That's around the time when I was starting to get more into editing with AMVs, I did some on my very first account, but only like 2 and they were both really really bad. I was editing mostly with Elfen Lied and Kuroko no Basket at the time and some Angel Beats! as well. So then I moved to my third channel, which was both an Equine editing account, and AMV editing account. But it was hard to get subs and views on my videos because I edited two totally different things and yeah it was just kind of a mess. So that's how ThunderrVolt came to be!

I eventually quit editing Equine videos, which is what had gotten me into editing in the first place, because the community is just... really bad. It's all about who has the best horse, the best quality camera, the best place to film, ect. and yeah I just didn't like it. So I put all my time into editing AMVs! I enjoy editing AMVs much more and I find the community to be really friendly and everyone's been really nice so far.

Anyway, Mia invited me to join ABS so that's how I joined! ABS is the first studio that I've been in and it's been a lot of fun! c:

So my AMV editing career basically started off with some really crappy Elfen Lied and Naruto AMVs back in late 2012. xD If anyone is actually able to find my first channel, or my third channel which was my Equine and AMV channel then they'd get to see some of my older videos and a few of my first AMVs. (I have the very first one, an anime mix AMV, set to private though cause it was just way too embarrassing to let anyone see ever.) I refuse to tell anyone the usernames of my old channels though, so if you wanna go on a treasure hunt then have fun! xD

Also, my skype is eblazer123 if anyone wants to add me. c:
this also ended up being really long omg sorry I have a bad habit of rambling oOPS.
endorsii
endorsii

Libra
Rat
Participation! : 128
Birthday : 1996-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by xxEllfy Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:45 am

I've been editing since I was eleven. I found WMM on my dad's old laptop and crafted a very poorly made slideshow with Naruto. Eventually I was able to get a hold of some Kingdom Hearts cut scenes as well as a few other animes~! Looking back, I'm thankful I don't have any old videos because I would cry if I saw them again (nostalgia mixed with OMGwhatwasIthinkingSTARWIPEwut!?)

I still used WMM and when I was fifteen, entered a local AMV Contest at a convention I went to that year. Again, poorly, poorly made in my opinion but it ended up winning Best Romance as well as Best Overall. How? I have no flippin' idea because it was so terrible but the judges seemed to like it enough and that's when I realized I was finally good at something! All I did was mess around on the laptop and discovered I had a talent, my family didn't see much into it and thought it was a waste of time but I flashed that AMV award with pride.

Sadly I don't have the original video since my dad's old laptop crashed and everything was lost as well as my old youtube account. Thankfully we were able to get a new laptop and I went right back to editing with a new account~ I kept on using WMM, which in my head wasn't that bad of a program once you figured out what you could do with it, and I kept making videos that people enjoyed.

For me, editing became an escape. Most of my friends were all artists or really good at video games and I felt like I couldn't connect with them when it came to talents so I went to youtube where people thought I was pretty good. Many thought I used Vegas for my videos and were surprised to find out I used WMM. That alone became the biggest compliment in the world to me because it still surprised me that people thought I was good at something versus my real life self that can't draw to save her life! XD In a sense though, it was nice to talk with people that understood and edited themselves and I don't know where I'd be if it weren't for the kind words of my editor friends!

I wanted to turn editing into a career and I'm nineteen now enrolled at a community college but I'm leaning towards the animation department since I decided I wanted to work more with animation but still have editing as a big plus!

I recently have stopped using WMM and upgraded to Sony Vegas after getting my own laptop and needless to say - VERY VERY difficult program to get a handle on so far! @_@ Before I joined ABS though, I was going through a difficult time with personal problems and lost a lot of inspiration. But a good friend of mine on youtube recommended me to this studio and they let me in! Needless to say this is my favorite studio to be apart of because of how it's organized and the amazing editors here!

My skype is xxEllfy and if anyone wants, add me~!
xxEllfy
xxEllfy

Taurus
Pig
Participation! : 46
Birthday : 1995-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by xEmmaTheKid Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:59 pm

@xxEllfy - As someone who used WMM from 2007 - 2011, I understand that Sony Vegas is really hard to get used to. xD When I first got it, it was so hard for me to figure out that I actually edited the video in WMM and then moved it over to Vegas for effects, which was awful. xD Honestly the best way to figure it out is just to sit down and force yourself to do it, because thats the only way i did. And now, its really hard for me to use anything else ._.
xEmmaTheKid
xEmmaTheKid
Admin

Scorpio
Pig
Participation! : 2147483647
Birthday : 1995-11-08

http://pandastockings.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlequinade13 Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:52 pm

I started editing in late 2010. I got into editing when I started watching Avatar: the Last Airbender in full, and once I finished that I wanted to edit after seeing some AMVs people had made. I started editing with WMM, and then moved to a different account (and added a focus on Harley Quinn after watching Batman) when I got strike on my old account. I've been editing on this account since 2011, and I now use Sony Vegas.

My style varies. I can do everything from raw, to effects, to candy, though currently I am very interested in editing in raw-style. I edit a lot of anime now, though I am trying to edit other fandoms as well, like DC/Marvel and Disney. I do edit some live-action. I am also hoping to edit more MMV/fanart videos in the future.

I edit mostly with animation. I was interested in this studio when one of my good friends mentioned it. An all-animation studio appealed to me, so I requested to join back in January or so, and I've been a member since. Smile
Harlequinade13
Harlequinade13

Participation! : 242

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlequinade13 Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:53 pm

@blackfire Oh wow! You've been editing for a long time. I'm 21 myself, and I hope to be editing for a very long time. It's probably my favorite thing right now.
Harlequinade13
Harlequinade13

Participation! : 242

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum