Anime Benders Studio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Safe Grasp (Looking for assistance!)

+4
Harlequinade13
BlackAndRedCollide
endorsii
xEmmaTheKid
8 posters

Go down

Project Safe Grasp (Looking for assistance!) Empty Project Safe Grasp (Looking for assistance!)

Post by Flamey Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:50 am

Hey!

So I have recently been noticing a lot of people who have been hurting and I felt so useless to them. Here I was, someone who knew the pain of depression, suicide and all that and I was just sitting around watching it happen.

That was a little over a month ago, since than I have been planning and creating a project that I would love your help to create and present to the YouTube community and maybe more people.

I call it "Project Safe Grasp" meaning that their is safety with us and we will never make you feel down or worthless.

This small organization is aimed at helping others who feel helpless. We aim to comfort, listen and solve the problems of those who need it and don't get it from the people around them. Our goal is to make the world a better place by letting other believe they are worth the lives they live.

This group is only starting out with video projects for now, but if we get large enough, our goal is to expand to a website that will feature videos (More MEPs and AMVs and other videos), Art, literature and more.

But like I said, for right now, I am only keeping it videos, since so many of my online friends do videos. But I would love to have themed MEPs (suicide, stress, abuse, etc) that will help show others that we are hear to help and love them.

Please help this groups grow and help save a life or two.

Gosh I hope this does not sound lame or weird, I just really want this group to grow and help people like a lot of people did with me.

If you are interested in helping please reply! Also feel free to ask me any questions or give me some suggestions on what might be good for this project! Smile

-Mia
Flamey
Flamey
Admin

Libra
Buffalo
Participation! : 2147483627
Birthday : 1997-10-09

https://www.youtube.com/user/Flame77blast

Back to top Go down

Project Safe Grasp (Looking for assistance!) Empty Re: Project Safe Grasp (Looking for assistance!)

Post by xEmmaTheKid Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:55 am

That sounds awesome! I have a lot of the same problems and I haven't been able to be there for a lot of friends that I want to be there for lately due to external issues, and if this could help I would love to be a part of it.
xEmmaTheKid
xEmmaTheKid
Admin

Scorpio
Pig
Participation! : 2147483647
Birthday : 1995-11-08

http://pandastockings.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Project Safe Grasp (Looking for assistance!) Empty Re: Project Safe Grasp (Looking for assistance!)

Post by endorsii Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:46 pm

Oh this is a wonderful idea!! I know I'm on hiatus, but I'd still love to help!
endorsii
endorsii

Libra
Rat
Participation! : 128
Birthday : 1996-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackAndRedCollide Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:24 pm

This is such a nice idea, I would totally love to help :33
BlackAndRedCollide
BlackAndRedCollide

Aquarius
Tiger
Participation! : 9
Birthday : 1998-02-07

https://www.youtube.com/user/BlackAndRedCollide

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlequinade13 Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:09 pm

Sounds like a wonderful idea!! I'm in!
Harlequinade13
Harlequinade13

Participation! : 242

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamey Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:09 pm

Thanks for the interest everyone! I'll get back to you all when I have a team formed! Smile
Flamey
Flamey
Admin

Libra
Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by xblackfirefreak Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:36 am

This is actually a touchy subject with me.

I have tried to commit suicide and have to live with the scars. I'm fairly traumatized of my mother trying to commit suicide a few times. What has helped me through my depression was editing itself, conveying my emotions.

I have also come across people who would attempt suicide to gain sympathy/attention.

How do you feel this would help? Are we conveying happy thoughts to them? Understanding? Awareness?

xblackfirefreak
xblackfirefreak

Virgo
Snake
Participation! : 163
Birthday : 1989-09-09

https://www.youtube.com/user/xblackfirefreak

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamey Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:37 am

xblackfirefreak wrote:This is actually a touchy subject with me.

I have tried to commit suicide and have to live with the scars. I'm fairly traumatized of my mother trying to commit suicide a few times. What has helped me through my depression was editing itself, conveying my emotions.

I have also come across people who would attempt suicide to gain sympathy/attention.

How do you feel this would help? Are we conveying happy thoughts to them? Understanding? Awareness?

I would love to address some of your concerns here. First off I want to say that this is a touchy subject for me as well. I suffer from severe depression and anxiety as well as being a bisexual in an area where many of the people who I am around are uncomfortable with it. I have tried to commit suicide at least a half dozen times, have cut myself and have done many other horrible things to myself prior to me being put on medication.

About 9 months ago, I was close to leaving YouTube and ending my life for good if it was not for some very honest and good Internet friends who helped save my life (most of whom are part of this studio). Thats my background on this, just so you know where I am coming from.

As for gaining attention, never. The only attention I want this project to gain is for those who are suffering and don't tell anyone.

As for what we are conveying, that would be up to the editor and the MEP or project we would do. I, the leader of this project, would love to try to at least give people the awareness that Depression and other hardships that are overlooked can be just as deadly as cancer, while also trying to show people who are watching whom may be suffering that their are people who care, whether you have met them or not. And that also means that those who participate would have to be willing ti help listen, talk, and 'counsel' (sorry don't have a better word here, but hopefully you'll get what I'm saying) those individuals through their time of hardships.
Flamey
Flamey
Admin

Libra
Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by xblackfirefreak Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:59 am

Ah, I will give this some thoughts. I know that your intentions are pure.

As for the "gaining attention" section of my post, I was referring to how there are those who will do so in order for attention and those type of people will flock to groups that want to help so they can gain sympathy. It's hard to weed out those.

I don't know why I brought that up, I'm not trying to be negative but I guess I'm touchy with it because of my personal experience.

I revealed my own cutting experience on YouTube once. I opened up so that others could know they are not alone if they are in pain. I had someone take advantage of it, took all my compassion. Story I was given was a farce and I felt betrayed.

Maybe I just wanted to throw that out there so everyone is aware of that happening and won't go through what I went through.

Maybe I'm just annoyed that before I left High School, the emo clique took over and part of the cliché was cutting yourself, not out of depression but to fit in and I still see that happening in the current generation.

I would like to help. I just want to be cautious whenever it comes to associating with people.
xblackfirefreak
xblackfirefreak

Virgo
Snake
Participation! : 163
Birthday : 1989-09-09

https://www.youtube.com/user/xblackfirefreak

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamey Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:56 pm

xblackfirefreak wrote:Ah, I will give this some thoughts. I know that your intentions are pure.

As for the "gaining attention" section of my post, I was referring to how there are those who will do so in order for attention and those type of people will flock to groups that want to help so they can gain sympathy. It's hard to weed out those.

I don't know why I brought that up, I'm not trying to be negative but I guess I'm touchy with it because of my personal experience.

I revealed my own cutting experience on YouTube once. I opened up so that others could know they are not alone if they are in pain. I had someone take advantage of it, took all my compassion. Story I was given was a farce and I felt betrayed.

Maybe I just wanted to throw that out there so everyone is aware of that happening and won't go through what I went through.

Maybe I'm just annoyed that before I left High School, the emo clique took over and part of the cliché was cutting yourself, not out of depression but to fit in and I still see that happening in the current generation.

I would like to help. I just want to be cautious whenever it comes to associating with people.

I understand your worries and I'm the same way. Its a touchy subject and I can get pretty defensive too. Take all the time you need, Smile
Flamey
Flamey
Admin

Libra
Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by KamiSama991 Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:40 pm

It's great idea! I'm in
KamiSama991
KamiSama991

Capricorn
Buffalo
Participation! : 77
Birthday : 1998-01-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/KamiSama991

Back to top Go down

Post by Kisana Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:09 pm

I've been in the same position as those who you're talking about helping and I would love to help! I'm 100% in!
Kisana
Kisana

Leo
Tiger
Participation! : 142
Birthday : 1998-08-01

https://www.youtube.com/user/makaxalbarnx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum